National Motoring Heritage Day – Picnic in the Park
Queens Park, Ipswich
Sunday 21st May 2017
2017 National Motoring Heritage Day, Picnic in the Park – Flyer
Vehicles on display from 8:00am to 2:00pm (All Vehicles are to be in position by 9:30am with no movement of vehicles until 2:00pm)
Demonstrate to the public and government departments, the contribution made to communities and charitable organisations.
- Bring your picnic – enjoy a picnic in the park under the shade of the trees.
- Trophies will be awarded for vehicle categories & period costumes
- Free Balloon shapes and balloon animals for the children
- Free face painting for the children
- Free Historic Bus Tours
- Coffee, Ice Cream & Food Vans
- Relevant Trade Stalls – e.g. Shannons, Vintage Rims, Model Cars, etc.
Queens Park also has the following to offer you.
- Japanese themed Nerima Gardens,
- Lions Lookout,
- Queens Park Nursery,
- Ipswich Nature Centre with native animals & rainforest bird aviary,
- Children’s playground with Liberty Swing.
What is National Motoring Heritage Day?
National Motoring Heritage Day is an initiative of Australian Historic Motoring Federation, with the aim being to promote and display Australia’s strong motoring heritage and also to show the community, businesses and government the strength of the Australian historic motoring movement.
All QHMC clubs are encouraged to participate in an event on the day as, without promotion of our hobby, the government and community support may gradually fade and concessional registration schemes may be lost.
Our vehicles are a “mobile museum”, of which we are the custodians; they need to be viewed and enjoyed by the public.
Make this your monthly club run.
This event is at NO COST to you or your club.
Display your historic vehicle, have a fun day and “share the passion” with the public.
PLEASE NOTE – If your club is erecting a marquee, there are to be NO PEGS OR STAKES INTO THE GROUND. Marquee’s must be weighted down, not pegged down.