Queensland Historic Motoring Council Inc. (QHMC)
Queensland Combined Council of Historic Vehicle Clubs Inc. (QCCHVC) was formed in 1968 and was renamed Queensland Historic Motoring Council Inc. (QHMC) in 2009.
Membership is open to all historic motor vehicle clubs, supporting vehicles more than 30 years old. Our membership does not include hot-rod clubs or street-rod clubs as these are catered for under their own organisations.
Queensland Historic Motoring Council Inc. is the peak representative body for Historic Vehicle Clubs in Queensland and represents its member clubs in negotiations with Government departments, interstate peak motoring bodies and commercial and public bodies. Affiliated clubs include Veteran, Vintage, Historic and Classic vehicle clubs.
QHMC is affiliated with Australian Historic Motoring Federation Inc. – AHMF.
QHMC General Meetings are held on the 4th Thursday of every second month with the first meeting of the year held in January. Committee meetings are held every other month. No meetings are held in December.
QHMC coordinates, by way of publishing a calendar of events, a number of associated club’s major events throughout the year.
To have your Club event listed on the QHMC Calendar, ensure you email details you want on published on the QHMC site, along with flyer (preferably in PDF) to our webmaster – Email email@example.com
Application for Affiliation with QHMC
Complete the QHMC AFFILIATION APPLICATION and forward to:
Queensland Historic Motoring Council Inc.
Veteran Car Club Rooms
1376 Old Cleveland Road
Carindale Qld 4152
With the form, also include the following:
- Covering letter on club letterhead, advising Objectives of your Club, vehicles included in your membership (e.g. type and age of vehicles, mainly modified/unmodified, etc), club web address (if applicable) and any other information you consider to be relevant to your application.
- Details of any up-coming events
- Cheque for 12 months affiliation (If you wish to make Direct Debit, please contact QHMC President or Treasurer for account details)
Once your clubs membership has been accepted and passed through the meeting, if you require contract information for Insurance Policies for motor vehicle clubs, this can then be forwarded to your club secretary.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact either the QHMC President or Secretary.
The Objectives of QHMC are:
- To foster interest in the history and preservation of old vehicles, as
owned by members of affiliated clubs;
- To act on behalf of clubs and/or individual members in negotiations with Federal, State or Local Government, Authorities, Companies, Corporations, or individuals, on matters of interest to the hobby;
- To keep an up to date list of projected rally dates, in order to assist the clubs to avoid clashing dates, and to attempt to ensure maximum support of all major events by whatever means may be suitable, through the promotion of maximum co-operation between affiliated clubs;
- To act a liaison body between the hobby and the general public;
- To cooperate and liaise with any other similar State or Federal organisations;
- To cause to be published and/or circulated any information concerning or affecting the development of clubs within the Association’s geographical area, which the Association may consider will promote the objects of affiliated clubs.