National Motoring Heritage DayPosted by: admin | Posted on: January 8, 2016
National Motoring Heritage Day – Picnic in the Park, Queens Park, Ipswich, Sunday 15th May 2016
Make this your monthly run – This event is at NO COST to you. Bring your picnic – enjoy a picnic in the park. Display your historic vehicle, have a fun day and “share the passion” with the public.
Demonstrate to the public and government departments, the contribution to communities and charitable organisations.
All vehicles to be in position by 9:30am. Display from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
Some attractions of Queens Park are:
- Japanese themed Nerima Gardens
- Lions Lookout
- Queens Park Nursery
- Ipswich nature Centre – with native animals & rainforest bird aviary
- Children’s playground featuring Liberty Swing
Planned additional attractions:
- Awards for vehicle categories
- Awards for best costume to the era of the vehicles / best display
- Roving Entertainment
- Face painters
- Amberley Brass Band
- Coffee Van
Relevant Trade Stalls – e.g. Shannons, Department of Transport & Main Roads, Vintage Tyres, etc.